A few tidbits from the Oscars:
1. Jon Stewart (who I love and generally think is hilarious) was quite dull and uninspired. Not sure if the short time after the conclusion of the writer's strike played a roll, but he just wasn't that funny. He is 10x funnier on the Daily Show.
2. First time since 1965 that all four best actor Oscars (Best Actor, Best Actress, Best Supporting Actor, Best Supporting Actress) have gone to 4 non-Americans. I am very glad that the Spaniard Javier Bardem won Best Supporting...he was fantastic in "No Country for Old Men".
3. Joel and Ethan Coen- we knew they were weird, but not very memorable speeches.
4. Best Dressed- Marion Cotillard (winner for Best Supporting actress), Penelope Cruz, Cameron Diaz, and Salma Hayek were looking great. (Oh, wait, Salma wasn't there, but I'm sure she looked great sitting at home!).
5. Worst Dressed- Ellen Page (bad dress, bad walk), and Tilda Swinton (not necessarily her dress, but her hair and face).
6. Most inappropriate- Gary Busey...he's nuts. Check out this video of him on the red carpet.
7. Answer to Trivia Question- I'm disappointed in the lack of guesses for the trivia question. The answer is John Cazale ("Fredo" from Best Picture winners Godfather I and II). He also was in "Dog Day Afternoon" (best picture nominee), "The Conversation" (nominee), and the classic film "The Deerhunter" (Best Picture 1978).