Thursday, February 7, 2008

NFL Announcers


For all of you football fans, I came across Dr. Z's ranking of the football announcers. It's a surprising list. While Michaels and Madden ranked pretty highly, the top teams for CBS (Nantz and Simms) and Fox (Joe Buck and Aikman) scored poorly. Personally, I like the top guys, although now that I think about it, I might be biased by the following: 1) They are always calling the most competitive match-ups; 2) I've heard them so often, that I'm probably subconsciously soothed by their voices.
Anyway, here are the rankings. Feel free to throw in your 2 cents in the comments section.


BTW, this reminded me of one of the best young talents on TV, Frank Caliendo. He is a master impressionist and had a short-lived show on TBS this past fall.

Check out some of these clips. He does Madden, GW Bush, and Robin Williams absolutely dead on.




http://youtube.com/watch?v=ElWNFgMqGuE&feature=related (He does 5 Seinfeld characters in an amazing ensemble).

2 comments:

Will said...

When it comes to Buck, I'll agree that he's awesome for baseball. Since I don't really understand the intricacies of line play , I don't know what Buck and Aikman aren't telling me. Maybe they should get Buck w/ one of the ex-lineman

Anonymous said...

I hate Joe Buck. I think he is very biased during his broadcasting and is always ready to jizz over the Cowboys (which I expect from Aikman...)