Saturday, October 18, 2008

Now That's Entertainment!

Folks, please, please, please watch these two videos. Obama and McCain gave tremendously funny speeches (roasts) at the Al Smith Memorial Dinner on Thursday night. The jokes are witty and cutting and hit at the very issues that have been debated over the past several weeks. It's refreshing to see them employing humor rather than the repeated sniping, scowls, and faces they make at each other in the debates.

Obama's speech


McCain's speech

Also, dont' forget....Sarah Palin will be on SNL tonight!

4 comments:

julie said...

Trying so hard to separate my bias from an objective opinion on this one ... but did anyone else think Obama delivered lines much better and was a little less seething than McCain?

Anonymous said...

That is great. Both men did a great job. I thought McCain was more comfortable and charming than I have seen him during this entire ordeal. I think I might go so far as to say that I think he looked better than Obama and made me laugh a little more. Sometimes I wish Obama didn't speak so tentatively all the time.

Palin on SNL: I suppose I should say something along the lines of her being a good sport. That's all I can say about her. She didn't actually do or say much of anything. Amy Poehler's rap performance was absolutely brilliant, esp with her big ole belly!

Cocameister said...

McCain was more comfortable and charming than I have seen him in ages.

I agree Palin's role was extremely odd. If I was her, I would have pushed for more of a role. It seemed a little foolish. Actually, while I was anticipating last night's skits, it was my least favorite of the 4 skits that SNL has done of Fey imitating Palin.

Unknown said...

Agreed. I was hoping for more on the Palin/Fey interface. Though I thought Baldwin was, as always, fantastique.